We wanted to buy good red chiles, but didn't have any references for choosing them. Most of the chiles seemed to come from Hatch.
Our recipe for red chile sauce.
We've eaten at:
- El Patio. Excellent red chile sauce. Service is slow, but ambience is good. Near UNM.
- El Modelo. Awesome take-out place. Delicious tamales and red chile sauce. See video below.
- Frontier. Cafeteria-style. Much lauded, but only okay. Also near UNM.
Other places on our list that we haven't eaten at:
- Los Cuates -- Carne Adovada
- Mary and Tito's
- Silviano's -- green chicharrone burrito
- El Pinto
See http://nmgastronome.com/blog/ for more on food in the area.