Old Talbott Tavern
From Burden's Landing
107 W. Stephen Foster Ave. Bardstown, KY 40004 502-348-3494 1-800-4TAVERN
Built in 1779. Oldest western stagecoach stop in America. Among the folks who passed through:
- Abraham Lincoln stayed there when he was 13 years old while his parents were involved with a land dispute.
- Andrew Jackson
- Henry Clay
- William Henry Harrison
- General George Rodgers Clark
- King Louis Philippe visited during his exile from France. Murals on one of the lodging room walls are believed to have been painted by one of his entourage.
- In this same room, there are a dozen bullet holes. Legend is that these were left by Jesse James, who got drunk, went upstairs to sleep it off, "saw" birds moving through the murals, and shot them.
- Eekim:Eugene Eric Kim had the southern fried chicken there and a shot of bourbon on July 20, 2004.