Difference between revisions of "Apple crisp"
From Burden's Landing
Latest revision as of 16:18, 6 November 2019
- You can use apples and pears in the fall, and peaches and plums in the summer. Fill your baking dish with the whole fruit to determine the amount needed. Chop and core.
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/8 cup of sugar or honey or maple syrup
- You can throw in berries, dried fruit, spices, or vanilla. Or just stick with the fruit and sweetener — simple is delish!
- 1 cup of ground oats (or any other flour, gluten-free or otherwise)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of melted butter
- Ground cardamom (or any other spices, cinnamon, etc.)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In baking dish, toss filling ingredients
- Combine streusel ingredients in a bowl, then top the filling. Mounding is okay; everything will sink when baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until browned on top and bubbling.
Based on this recipe.